The attitude of gratitude is the highest yoga.Yogi Bhajan
Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured.B.K.S. Iyengar
Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.Jason Crandell
New Students Tips
• Please arrive about 30 minutes prior to your first class. This gives you a chance to meet your teacher and other students. You’ll also be able to see the layout of the land and take your time to find a comfortable spot and relax in the room before you practice. Rushing into class is no fun.
• Please leave your shoes just inside the front door and turn your cell phones OFF. Only water is allowed inside the yoga room, no glass please. Refrain from wearing perfume and talking in the yoga room. This is your chance to begin your class as relaxed as possible. We love being a cell-phone free zone!
• EVERY class is a beginners class. This means that the teaching method in every single class that we offer is always for the beginning student. There is no need to have prior yoga experience to start practicing Hot Yoga. There are generally beginners in almost every single class, so there is no need for you to feel nervous or out of place. All the students around you have gone through their first class too, and they are always happy to give you advice and help. As you progress in your yoga practice, you all simply do so in the same room!
• First time students are welcome in EVERY CLASS!
• Come at it with an open mind. You never know what will happen. Have fun, smile, breathe and your life could change.
• HYDRATE very well throughout the day and bring a bottle of water or purchase one when you arrive.
• Avoid eating for 2 hours prior to your class. If you’re feeling low in energy try a glass of juice or a banana. During class you will be much more comfortable if your body is not having to focus on the task of digesting.
• Wear cool and comfortable clothing…Women should wear shorts/leggings sport tops or leotards. Men should wear shorts or swimming trunks.
• Yoga Mats & the towel needed to cover them are available for purchase or rent, or you are welcome to bring your own.
You are never to old, never to young and never to sick to start your practice.
People of all sizes, shapes and fitness levels practice with us each and every class.
Hot Yoga is a sequence of 26 hatha yoga postures and 2 breathing exercises practiced in 90 minutes, all taught by certified instructors, completed in a room heated to 105 °F ( 38 °C). The class is designed to be challenging but also accessible to everyone of all ages and abilities. It is a beginners series. The good news is is that it doesn’t get easy but it does get better!
The sequence is designed to systematically works every part of the body, stimulating every system, organ, blood vessel, ligament and muscle to attain maximal health and optimal function. Hot yoga is an amazing system of exercise that is designed to balance and strengthen everything, helping prevent illness, repair injuries and stimulate the body’s natural ability for growth and repair. In addition, the series of postures combine skills of concentration, patience, determination and self-control, which lead to mental clarity and an increased ability to deal with stress. It’s treating your current self and your future self!
All of our teachers are experienced and certified yoga instructors. We pride ourselves on creating a calm yet challenging environment where you can see your own evolution and growth. You’ll be surprised at how much you’ll be able to do on your first class. An open mind will lead to an open body!
Come exactly as you are and make yourself at home in our beautiful new studio in the heart of Pataskala.