Teaches Inferno Hot Pilates
INFERNO HOT PILATES is a 60 min high intensity, low impact, workout with pilates principles.
A Q & A with Kiley!
1. What was your primary inspiration for becoming certified as a yoga instructor?
I took my 1st yoga class when I was 16, and ever since yoga has become a regular part of my life. After years of trying to figure out what it was that I wanted to live for, I realized that yoga was the one consistent thing that truly made me happy. I wish to share my practice in hopes that others will receive the same joy and love that yoga brings to me.
2. What is your favorite yoga posture when waiting in line?
Forward Fold! You can bend your knees, cross your legs, stretch the feet out wide. So many options for tension release!
3. Which Superhero do you most identify with?
Tough question..Poison Ivy (err..I guess she’s a super villain) I love to garden, and I have a green thumb!
4. When disturbed/angry/upset, what is the thing you think/say/do to calm yourself down?
I always come back to my breath. Focusing on each inhale and each exhale. It really helps bring me back to the present moment. The breath can guide me into a state of meditation where nothing else matters.
5. Favorite song/band/group?
Another REALLY tough question! Music is one of my favorite things in life so it’s challenging to pick just one. Fleetwood Mac and Led Zeppelin are some of my favorites. If I had to choose a song maybe Dreams – Fleetwood Mac and/or What Is and What Should Never Be – Led Zeppelin. I’m really into Alina Baraz right now. Her album Urban Flora is such good food for my soul.
6. Favorite food?
7. Whats your advice for a new student?
Come in with no expectations and an open mind. The only requirement is that you must breathe!
8. What is the first thing you think when you wake up?
5 more minutes?!
9. What song best describes your life?
If there was a soundtrack to my life it would have to be Sleepwalk- Santo and Johnny…If lyrics are necessary…In the Meantime – Spacehog.
10. What is your guilty pleasure?
Is a picnic a guilty pleasure? Nothing makes me happier than a picnic basket filled with different cheese, cured meats, and a bottle of wine! Now all I need is a little nature 🙂 hey boo boo!
11.What motivates you?
My family and my husband. They always make me strive to be a better me!
12. Name at least one special talent beyond teaching yoga.
I like to knit (I’m still a novice), however, I’m actually a fantastic cook.
13. Do you have any pets?
I have 2 babes. A shih-tzu named Gretel and a Golden Retriever named Wallace.
14. Name the cities you’ve lived.
Oh Boy! Where do I start?!
Orange County, California
Long Beach, California
Charleston, South Carolina
And back to Ohio again! I could never stay away for too long 🙂
15. What is your favorite smell?
The Ocean. Salty air and earthy sand!
16. Describe your first yoga class.
I was 16. My friend’s mother started teaching classes from her home, and I was intrigued. I was always very athletic and wondered what kind of a workout yoga would give me. I remember my 1st sun salutation and how good it felt to stretch like that in my body. We did camel, and I was able to reach back for me heels. The rush of feelings that I experienced immediately after..I was hooked! Yoga has been a regular part of my life ever since.
17. Who was your celebrity childhood crush?
Johnny Depp as CryBaby.
18. Words/Phrases you most overuse?
Could I just get a minute?!
19.When is your birthday and astrological sign?
November 10 – Scorpio.
20. Describe your favorite yoga shorts.
Black and High Waisted.