Teaches Broga & Slow Flow Vinyasa
BROGA is a combination of yoga, functional fitness movements, high intensity interval training, and mindful breathing.
SLOW FLOW VINYASA is a slow paced power class focusing on holding the asanas longer, experiencing each asana fully to find the perfect spot for today, and mindful breathing.
A Q & A with Vince!
1. What was your primary inspiration for becoming certified as a yoga instructor?
After a lengthy, debilitating, illness (5 year ulcerative colitis flare) and 3 abdominal surgeries I finally decided to go for it and get my certification. I wanted to be able to offer classes that had modifications and options so anyone could get the benefit but something more than just restorative.
2. What is your favorite yoga posture when waiting in line?
I am usually in standing pigeon with my right ankle crossed over left thigh in a slight one legged chair stance.
3. Which Superhero do you most identify with?
I have always thought that Ice Man was the coolest.
4. When disturbed/angry/upset, what is the thing you think/say/do to calm yourself down?
Take a breath, walk away, come back to it when you are calm.
5. Favorite song/band/group?
Not a huge music person. I like something upbeat in the background to keep me going.
6. Favorite food?
Pho bo. I will literally eat this all year long (100 degrees or -10 degrees) 3 to 4 times a week. I’m a Capricorn. . .we do that.
7. Whats your advice for a new student?
Take your time, challenge yourself but don’t stress or strain yourself. Use blocks and straps when you need them. They aren’t crutches, they are tools to better help explore the body in an asana.
8. What is the first thing you think when you wake up?
I hope the coffee is ready.
9. What song best describes your life?
It ain’t easy being green – Kermit the Frog. No seriously. I have related to that song since I was a child and now I embrace what makes me unique and weird.
10. What is your guilty pleasure?
Staying up all night to finish a book.
11.What motivates you?
A job well done, happy participants, an honest thank you.
12. Do you have any pets?
4 of my own cats and 4 foster cats that might as well be “mine” now.
13. Name the cities you’ve lived.
Cleveland, Columbus, and college in Portales New Mexico.
14. What is your favorite smell?
Citrus. I usually have some sort of citrus candle burning at home or citrusy essential oils diffusing.
15. Describe your first yoga class.
My first yoga class was in college many moons ago (and surprising they offered it in the 90s in the bible belt). At first I thought it would be an easy A for an elective and then I realized I really, really enjoyed it and kept going.
16. Who was your celebrity childhood crush?
Bo Duke from the Duke’s of Hazard.
17. Words/Phrases you most overuse?
Find your length and/or from the crown of the head out through the tailbone.
18.When is your birthday and astrological sign?
January 4th 19-something or other. Capricorn.
19. Describe your favorite yoga shorts.
I love my (don’t judge) LuLu Lemon men’s yoga shorts. They keep everything in place without chaffing (like others I have tried) and last forever.