Teaches Hot Power Flow & Hot Vinyasa
HOT VINYASA practices linking breath to movement while building strength and flexibility. This class will create a solid foundation fundamental asana and body awareness while challenging students to begin exploring inversions, arm balances and complex sequences.
HOT POWER FLOW is a faster paced practice with a strong emphasis on the breath to movement connection. Students will be challenged with vigorous flowing sequences that develop strength, concentration, balance and flexibility.
A Q & A with Ellen!
1. What was your primary inspiration for becoming certified as a yoga instructor?
I felt I had something to offer students both on and off the mat.
2. What is your favorite yoga posture when waiting in line?
Standing in line posture – Bhandas engaged baby!!!
3. Which Superhero do you most identify with?
I am my own super hero. I’m a survivor and find something positive in any situation. Just call me lotus girl…..no deep dark bullshit can keep me from blooming.
4. When disturbed/angry/upset, what is the thing you think/say/do to calm yourself down?
Breathe and remind myself……”in the grand scheme of things how important is this really??”
5. Favorite song/band/group?
6. Favorite food?
Homemade pasta with fresh pesto.
7. Whats your advice for a new student?
It’s all about the breath. Honor your body and where you are today!
8. What is the first thing you think when you wake up?
9. What song best describes your life?
10. What is your guilty pleasure?
11.What motivates you?
Having an impact on and inspiring people.
12. Name at least one special talent beyond teaching yoga.
Certified pastry chef.
13. Do you have any pets?
A pug named Winston but my ex has “custody”.
14. Name the cities you’ve lived.
Ohio girl always….. Dublin, Columbus, Wilmington, Gahanna, Blacklick.
15. What is your favorite smell?
16. Describe your first yoga class.
I can’t remember my first ever, but my first Ashtanga class was life changing. I loved the structure, the beautiful opening and closing chants, the movement with breath, and the way Sanskrit just flowed from the instructor like it was his first language. Total badass yoga.
17. Who was your celebrity childhood crush?
I didn’t have one. Lived in the gym doing gymnastics 6 days a week so didn’t watch tv or have a social life.
18. Words/Phrases you most overuse?
Oh Hell NO!!!
19.When is your birthday and astrological sign?
January 31 – Aquarius – unpredictable, rebellious, weird, look for the best in people.
20. Describe your favorite yoga shorts.
I don’t wear yoga shorts. Classic black yoga pants for me.